Interim Executive Director of the Wyoming Catholic Ministries Foundation
o Status: Interim, Full-Time, Exempt
o Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Monday thru Friday
o Wage: $80,000 - $100,000 (Commensurate with experience)
o Competitive fringe benefits including, medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, vacation and sick leave; defined benefit retirement plan; long-term disability plan; Life Insurance policy and paid holidays.
The Interim Executive Director of the Wyoming Catholic Ministries Foundation (WCMF) implements, coordinates and manages a comprehensive development plan for the WCMF. The Director provides leadership and guidance to the Bishop and the members of the WCMF Board and manages relationships with clergy, lay Catholics, donors, strategic partners, money managers, consultants, etc. The Director guides all aspects of the grant requests submitted to WCMF – from application to final reports – which are awarded throughout the diocese.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Maintains professionalism and credibility with the diocesan staff, clergy, lay Catholics, the public, and the media with a high focus on building effective and positive relationships.
- -Works cooperatively with professionals in the legal, planning, trust, investment and marketing fields to involve them in the development activities of the WCMF to achieve successful outcomes.
- -Maintains relationships with donors and develops contacts with potential benefactors to the WCMF, to secure long-range gifts for the diocese.
- -Grows the individual major gifts program including cultivation and solicitation of major gifts. Manages a portfolio of qualified major gift prospects, maintains current donors and builds on the individual donor base.
- -Manages investment and bank accounts to maximize returns while managing risk.
- -Promotes the WCMF through effective use of technology.
- -Prepares the agenda for meetings of the WCMF Board, Grant Committee and Investment Committee.
- -Gives regular updates on the status of the WCMF to the Bishop, Board, clergy and stakeholders.
- -Maintains records and ensures compliance with IRS regulations so as not to jeopardize the tax-exempt status of the Foundation.
- -Oversees the WCMF budget and directs preparation of financial progress reports for development activities.
- -Performs due diligence and site visits to grant applicants.
- -Travel throughout the Diocese of Cheyenne
- -Have a deep understanding of donor restrictions and be able to advise the board accordingly for the proper use of the funds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- -Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration or Non- Profit Administration or related field.
- -Three (3) to five (5) years of development experience overseeing successful fundraising programs, preferred.
- -Understanding of all philanthropic funds and donor options.
- -Familiarity and fluency with the use of technology.
- -Fully initiated, practicing Catholic in good standing and of proven faith, good morals and good reputation.
- -Must have a collaborative style; proven team builder with effective employee-relations skills.
- -Required to have excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills; skilled at public speaking.
- -Must be able to prioritize work, be proactive, resolve complex problems and multi-task.
- -Must be able to maintain confidential information, exercise good judgment and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- -Compliance with diocesan Safe Environment protocols through Catholic Mutual Group: background check, safe environment training and driving requirements.
- -Proficient with information technology including Microsoft Office, Raisers Edge and Financial Edge.
How to Apply:
Submit an Application, Letter of Interest and a current resume by mail, e-mail, online, or in person by September October 1, 2019 to:
Tammy Skala, Human Resource Director
Diocese of Cheyenne
2121 Capitol Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Download job description
Leader of Youth Ministry, St. Anthony of Padua, Casper
This is a ten hour per week, non-benefitted position. A strong understanding of the basic beliefs of our faith is needed in order to reach our youth. Duties include scheduling and organizing activities, including retreats, weekly nights for middle school and high school youth, and communication about those activities to our Parish. For more information, contact the Shepherd Staff office at 307-266-2666
Administrative Assistant and Receptionist, St. Anthony of Padua, Casper
This is a salaried position, requiring 40 hours per week, with some benefits available. In order to fully embrace our Bishop’s new focus on Hispanic ministry outreach, this position requires bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English. A strong commitment to supporting our Pastor in all of his ministries is required.
Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Outlook and Excel is preferred. Duties also include preparation of weekly communications, receptionist duties, as well as scheduling and record keeping.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact the Shepherd Staff office at 307-266-2666.
Parish Business Manager, Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church, Jackson
Position Purpose: This full time position is responsible for the day to day operation of the parish and its facilities.
Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- - Supervision of Administrative Assistant and Maintenance Supervisor. Assist in supervising volunteers, contractors and subcontractors.
- - Maintain all financial records and banking relationships. Process payroll and taxes; manage accounts receivable, accounts payable and annual budget; prepare periodic financial reports for the Finance Council and Pastor; work with CPA for monthly account reconciliation and annual diocesan report.
- - Oversee facilities’ planning, maintenance, rental properties and leases.
- - Insure the accuracy of all sacramental records; directly responsible for wedding files.
- - Monitor and oversee technology and related activity including webpage and social media.
- - Insure effective communication. Manage the telephone system; parish and master calendar; the publication of weekly bulletin, advertising and other internal communications.
- - Interface with parish ministries and Parish Council as required.
- - Attend and record all Finance Council meetings.
- - Interface with Trustees as appropriate
- - Insure that all employees, and volunteers have Background Checks and Safe Environment Training, as required by the Diocese of Cheyenne
- - Other responsibilities as indicated by Pastor.
- Ideal candidate is a Catholic in good standing who has a solid relationship with the church and God. He/she is a self-starter, a natural leader, has excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal verbal and written skills, and multi-task oriented. Must be proficient on the computer and a willingness to learn and master church specific accounting and family management software. A degree in business or equivalent experience in required.
To apply, please contact Fr. Lucas Simango at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307-733-2516.
SAS Foundation Development Director
St. Anthony Tri-Parish Catholic School Foundation is seeking a Catholic Development Director for our Foundation. We are looking for an individual with fundraising and marketing experience to assist us in continuing to raise money for the school today, tomorrow and in the future with donors who can donate now and at end of life via Planned Giving. If you fit the job description below please e-mail or mail your resume to email@example.com or 1145 W. 20th Street-Casper, WY 82604.
- • A bachelor's degree and/or 2-5 years experience in professional fundraising in a Catholic environment.
- • Superior interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- • Executive presence and poise necessary to interact with major donors, church and lay people
- • "Self-starter" who executes responsibilities with minimal supervision
- • Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- • Comfortable making solicitations and building relationships outside of the church/school campus
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and database management
- • Event coordination experience a plus.