Director of Pastoral Ministry, Church of the Holy Trinity, Cheyenne
This position directs for a vibrant parish of 980 families a comprehensive faith formation and stewardship program for adults, youth and children, which touches all aspects of the faith and parish life: liturgical, social, educational and service, with a particular focus on children’s faith formation, youth ministry and parish sacramental preparation. Supervises the Associate Director of Pastoral Ministries. Recruits, trains and supervises parish volunteers, catechists and aids. The position is a twelve-month, full-time with benefits. Salary based upon degree and experience. Preferably a Master of Arts in Theology, Religious Education, or Religious Studies, an equivalent degree in a related field or equivalent training and experience. Preferably, two to three-years of experience in Catholic faith formation or related field. Must be a fully initiated, practicing Catholic. Interested candidates send cover letter and résumé with references by July 25, 2019 to Father Thomas E. Cronkleton, Jr., Church of the Holy Trinity, 1836 Hot Springs Ave, Cheyenne, WY 82001-5337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Liturgy and Music Ministry, Church of the Holy Trinity, Cheyenne
This position directs, in coordination with the Pastor, the parish's liturgical ministry, with a special emphasis on music for worship. From our vibrant parish of 980 families, the Director of Liturgy and Music Ministry recruits, trains and supervises parish liturgical ministers and other volunteers. Collaborates with other parish staff. The position is a twelve-month, full time position with benefits. Salary based upon degree and experience. At least a Bachelor's in Theology or Music or an equivalent degree in a related field, or equivalent training and experience. A willingness and ability to pursue additional education. Must be a fully initiated, practicing Catholic. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé with references by July 31, 2019 to Father Thomas E. Cronkleton, Jr., Church of the Holy Trinity, 1836 Hot Springs Ave, Cheyenne, WY 82001-5337 or email@example.com
Director of Development, Diocese of Cheyenne
The Director of Development promotes the mission of the Diocese by coordinating and enhancing diocesan fund-raising efforts. This person leads fundraising and development efforts for the Diocese of Cheyenne by educating parishioners and donors on the financial support needed for the diocese’s mission and programs, and by coordinating the annual appeal, capital campaigns, planned giving, etc. Responsible for budget and management of the Development office. Provides leadership to various departments and ministries on fundraising.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- • Managerial, supervisory, training and performance evaluation skills.
- • Collaborative style; team builder with effective employee-relations skills.
- • Excellent decision making skills, the ability to cope with considerable stress and the capacity to multi-task.
- • Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- • Work well with clergy, diocesan advisory bodies, other diocesan personnel, parish personnel and the public.
- • Work independently and determine priorities and direction.
- • Travel throughout the Diocese of Cheyenne.
- • Ability to visualize and develop appealing marketing materials.
- • Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- • Maintain strict confidentiality, discussing church business only with the person(s) necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities.
- • Capacity to work cooperatively with professionals in the technology arena, legal, planning, trust, investment, and marketing fields to involve them in the development activities of the diocese.
Degrees, Licenses and Certification:
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration or Non-Profit Administration or related field.
- • At least three years of supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- • Minimum of five (5) years of progressive development experience preferred.
- • Fully initiated, practicing Catholic free from any canonical penalties and of proven faith, good morals and good reputation.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Coordinating Annual Appeals:
- 1. Actively seeking the financial resources and funding opportunities needed to support and advance the Church’s pastoral programs and ministries.
- 2. Primary focus is on Living and Giving in Christ: Unity through Diocesan Ministries, the annual diocesan appeal.
- 3. Other diocesan appeals which support diocesan ministries, such as the seminarian collection, St. Joseph Society for clergy retirement, etc.
- 4. Responsible for major gifts, planned giving, building effective relationships with donors, and providing ongoing guidance, education, resources, and leadership training to clergy and laity for charitable giving and fundraising.
Managing Diocesan Tithing Activities:
- 1. Directs and oversees the Diocesan Tithing Committee, which makes recommendations to the Bishop regarding the diocesan tithe.
- 2. Recommends levels of funding for the USCCB National Collections, which are part of the diocesan tithe.
- 1. Advise the Bishop and the appropriate boards on all issues related to development, while providing comprehensive, accurate, and timely status reports on initiatives, performance, financial updates, goals and the success of the campaigns as well as building support for future strategy.
- 2. Serves the Bishop, clergy, and lay leadership entities to develop the resources necessary for the ministries of the Diocese of Cheyenne. This includes building constituent relationships through various contacts and events.
- 3. Provide consultative advice, support, resources, and education to parishes and other diocesan institutions so that they are empowered to cultivate their own development, fundraising, capital campaign initiatives, etc.
- 4. Prepares the annual budget for the Development office.
- 5. Oversees the grant writing initiatives, which includes research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- 6. Performs related duties, responsibilities and extra projects as assigned.
Salary Range: $45,000-55,000/yr (DOQ)
Email completed job application and current resume to Tammy Skala, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parish Business Manager, Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church, Jackson
Position Purpose: This full time position is responsible for the day to day operation of the parish and its facilities.
Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- - Supervision of Administrative Assistant and Maintenance Supervisor. Assist in supervising volunteers, contractors and subcontractors.
- - Maintain all financial records and banking relationships. Process payroll and taxes; manage accounts receivable, accounts payable and annual budget; prepare periodic financial reports for the Finance Council and Pastor; work with CPA for monthly account reconciliation and annual diocesan report.
- - Oversee facilities’ planning, maintenance, rental properties and leases.
- - Insure the accuracy of all sacramental records; directly responsible for wedding files.
- - Monitor and oversee technology and related activity including webpage and social media.
- - Insure effective communication. Manage the telephone system; parish and master calendar; the publication of weekly bulletin, advertising and other internal communications.
- - Interface with parish ministries and Parish Council as required.
- - Attend and record all Finance Council meetings.
- - Interface with Trustees as appropriate
- - Insure that all employees, and volunteers have Background Checks and Safe Environment Training, as required by the Diocese of Cheyenne
- - Other responsibilities as indicated by Pastor.
- Ideal candidate is a Catholic in good standing who has a solid relationship with the church and God. He/she is a self-starter, a natural leader, has excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal verbal and written skills, and multi-task oriented. Must be proficient on the computer and a willingness to learn and master church specific accounting and family management software. A degree in business or equivalent experience in required.
To apply, please contact Fr. Lucas Simango at email@example.com or call 307-733-2516.
SAS Foundation Development Director
St. Anthony Tri-Parish Catholic School Foundation is seeking a Catholic Development Director for our Foundation. We are looking for an individual with fundraising and marketing experience to assist us in continuing to raise money for the school today, tomorrow and in the future with donors who can donate now and at end of life via Planned Giving. If you fit the job description below please e-mail or mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1145 W. 20th Street-Casper, WY 82604.
- • A bachelor's degree and/or 2-5 years experience in professional fundraising in a Catholic environment.
- • Superior interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- • Executive presence and poise necessary to interact with major donors, church and lay people
- • "Self-starter" who executes responsibilities with minimal supervision
- • Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- • Comfortable making solicitations and building relationships outside of the church/school campus
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and database management
- • Event coordination experience a plus.