Below is the job announcement for the Diocese of Cheyenne Chancellor followed by instructions on how to apply. All information is also provided at the bottom of the page in .pdf format for applicants' convenience.
o Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
o Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Monday thru Friday
o Wage: $40,000 - $55,000 (DOQ)
o Competitive fringe benefits including, medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, vacation and sick leave; defined benefit retirement plan; long-term disability plan; short-term disability plan; Life Insurance policy and holidays.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Cheyenne, is recruiting for the position of Chancellor. The incumbent, reporting to and supervised by the Diocesan Bishop, assists the Diocesan Bishop in the administration of the Diocese. Also, assists the Diocesan Bishop with personnel matters. The incumbent serves as the principal ecclesiastical notary of the Diocese and as a notary public. In addition, the incumbent gathers, arranges and safeguards the acts of the curia in the diocesan archives.
1. Serves as the principal ecclesiastical notary and as a notary public.
2. Gathers, arranges and safeguards the acts of the curia in the diocesan archives; maintains the Diocesan Policy Reference Manual; provides the acts and other instruments of authenticated copies thereof to those who legitimately request them.
3. Processes requests of public juridic persons subject to the Diocesan Bishop to perform acts of extraordinary administration, alienation or leasing, including the coordination of such requests with the relevant advisory group.
1. Serves as a member of the Diocesan Leadership Team.
2. Serves as a member of the Diocesan Building Committee, ensures adherence to established diocesan building rules and regulations.
3. Case Manager for the Diocesan Review Board.
4. Participates in Deans’ meetings and records minutes.
1. Obtains background checks for non-incardinated clergy. Obtains background checks for non-clergy presenters at diocesan or parochial sponsored or recognized events.
2. Prepares the annual budgets for the Office of the Chancellor, Clergy Support and Diocesan Pastoral Council.
3. Oversees preparation of the information for Official Catholic Directory, the annual Statistical Report and the annual Rome Report.
4. Prepare Rome Quinquennial report.
5. Performs related duties, responsibilities and extra projects as assigned.
• Working or practical knowledge of canon law concerning general norms, temporal goods and procedures.
• Excellent knowledge of diocesan and parochial canonical and civil structures.
• In depth knowledge of Catholic religious principles and beliefs.
• Managerial, supervisory, training and performance evaluation skills.
• Archivist skills: Detail orientated and excellent record keeping, ensuring that accuracy and integrity of the Archives is maintained.
• Excellent decision making skills, the ability to cope with considerable stress and the capacity to multi-task.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Work well with clergy, diocesan advisory bodies, other diocesan personnel, parish personnel and the public.
• Work independently and determine priorities and direction.
• Travel throughout the Diocese of Cheyenne.
• Works cooperatively with other diocesan personnel.
• Maintains strict confidentiality, discussing church business only with the person or persons necessary to carry out the assigned church interactions or responsibilities.
o Preferred Masters or Licentiate in Theology or Canon Law, an equivalent degree in a related field or equivalent training and experience.
o Background in business, administration and personnel.
o Preferred experience as a Canonist, Archivist, Chancellor, or in a related field.
o At least three years of supervisory and/or managerial experience.
o Fully initiated, practicing Catholic free from any canonical penalties and of proven faith, good morals and good reputation.
How to Apply:
Submit an Application, Letter of Interest and a current resume by mail, e-mail, online, or in person by February 28, 2018 to:
Tammy Skala, Human Resource Director
Diocese of Cheyenne
2121 Capitol Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001