The Diocese of Cheyenne encompasses the entire State of Wyoming, to include Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. The rich history of Catholicism in Wyoming began on July 5, 1840, when Father Pierre-Jean DeSmet said the first Catholic Mass near Horse Creek, at the Green River Rendezvous, in present-day Sublette County. Since then, with our Diocese established in 1887, we have grown to 33 parishes and missions. Our state is a land of wide open spaces and sparsely populated towns, but our people are faith-filled and tightly-knit, bound together by a love of God, country, community, and a Western spirit unique to this special place.
Daily Mass Readings from The New American Bible (iTunes podcast)
Daily Video Reflections from USCCB
Our Lady of the Mountains in Jackson, WY has an opening for a Parish Business Manager. Learn more...
The Diocese of Rapid City, SD, has an opening for a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry. See details here...
The Shalom Fund was established in 2018 by Bishop Steven Biegler to assist in the therapy and treatment for survivors of sexual abuse. Learn more in the March 2019 issue of the Wyoming Catholic Register or call Matt Potter at 307.638.1530.
EWTN presents Livestream programs directly from Rome! This week, look for the following broadcasts livestreamed right here:
- Chrism Mass with Pope Francis – LIVE Thursday, April 18, 3:30am ET.
- Solemn Mass of the Lord's Supper with Choral Meditations from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. - LIVE Thursday, April 18, 5:30pm ET.
- Celebration of the Lord’s Passion from Rome – LIVE Friday, April 19, 11:00am ET.
- Pope Francis presides over the Way of the Cross from the Coliseum in Rome – Friday, April 19, 6:30pm ET.
- Easter Vigil Mass from Rome – LIVE Saturday, April 20, 2:30pm ET.
- Solemn Mass of Easter Sunday from Rome – LIVE Sunday, April 21, 4:00am ET and 7:00pm ET encore.
- Urbi et Orbi - Pope Francis’ Easter Message – LIVE Sunday, April 21, 6:00am ET.